Global Study



Did you know that Australian university students in a Commonwealth Supported Place may be eligible for an interest-free, fee free loan of over $6500 to study overseas?

It’s called an OS-HELP loan and it can used to pay for a range of study abroad expenses such as airfares, travel insurance, and program fees.

YMCA Global Study courses are designed with OS-HELP in mind as part of our aim to ensure our programs are accessible to all Australian students.

How do I know if I’m eligible for OS-HELP?

– Your education provider offers OS‑HELP loans (students must contact their provider regarding the application process)
– You are an Australian citizen, permanent humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand Special Category Visa holder who meets the long-term residency requirements
– You have not received an OS‑HELP loan on more than one other occasion
– You are enrolled with an Australian provider as a Commonwealth supported student and have completed one equivalent full-time student load (EFTSL) – which is usually one year of full-time study
– You will be undertaking full-time study overseas and your overseas study will count towards the course requirements for the Australian course of study in which you are enrolled
– You will have at least 0.125 EFTSL of your course of study left to complete once you have finished your overseas study (usually one unit of study)
– You meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements

For all your visual learners out there the Australian Government an OS-HELP video especially for you.

And you can always contact us if you need more information

© YMCA 2017. All Rights Reserved.